Saturday, June 13, 2009

Conversation based on a Temple visit


One day, the 7th and 8th graders spent the whole day at a nearby Hindu temple. That evening, I quickly adapted my evening lesson plan to fit with the day's events.



I had the students work in pairs. Their assignment was first to draw a picture of their visit to the Hindu Temple. Then, second, to write a short story about their day.



One of the drawings of the visit to the Hindu Temple.



When everyone had finished their picture and their story, I had the students read their story to the whole class. I thought a Temple visit would be a pretty somber event, but based on the stories and all the laughter, the day was very eventful! Or maybe the students were just having fun laughing about the assignment!




A group of my 7th and 8th grade students, all dressed up in traditional Balinese clothing, as they came back from their visit to the Hindu Temple.

No comments: