Sunday, June 14, 2009

One reflection on my stay in Bali



The deep mysticism and profound spirituality, combined with the spectacular colors work together to form the very core of exotic Bali ....



A month ago, the instant my China Airlines 747's tires touched Balinese soil ... I thought to myself... "What am I doing here?" The question haunted me as the plane continued to roll along the Balinese runway...



Apprehension seemed to fill my mind as the plane came to a stop at the terminal! What would I do for a month in Bali? What if I got bored! Oh...I had some ideas about the volunteer teaching I wanted to do in Bali, but the plan was not as solid as I would have liked it to have been....



I wanted to visit SOS Village .... but what would happen? Could I even find SOS Village? I had an address, phone number and emal from the Internet.... but...? Would it be possible for me to teach at the Village if I indeed did find it? Questions, questions, questions....



Soon.... the soft, gentle, ever present spirituality of the island crept into my soul, and I began to relax.



It took me days, many, many days to slow down enough so I could stop and see beauty in the little things of life.



Then.... Bali found me ....



After one month .... I wish I could stay longer .... on this "Island of the gods!" It is easy to fall in love with Bali and never leave.



FOOTNOTE on Bali Reflection....



At the end of my very first trip to Thailand, in March of 2004, I tried to find an orphanage where I might teach English....



Now 2009 my dream to teach at an orphange came true .... in Bali!


No comments: